Summary: To perform general billing and systems administration responsibilities as assigned. Responsible for the sending of and response to claims. Conducts follow up with payers to resolve open and/or denied claims by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Prepares and submits clean claims to various insurance companies either electronically or by paper.
2. Verifies eligibility for patients claims.
3. Manually enters data into MillinPro+.
4. Works directly with insurance company and healthcare provider to get the claims paid.
5. Posts remits electronically and manually from Emdeon, CSC, Payspan or eBridges or any additional website/portal/clearinghouse.
6. Maintains and addresses follow up items on client issue trackers.
7. Creates and maintains a weekly report on billing for clients.
8. Performs claims follow up tasks including online research as well as phone calls to payers to resolve billing issues.
9. Performs rebilling and crossover tasks to assure payment of all open claims.
10. Reviews and appeals unpaid and denied clams.
11. Manages the facility’s Accounts Receivable reports.
12. Maintains professional communication by phone or emails with clients. Joins client conference calls.
13. Conducts self in accordance with HIPAA’s employee manual.
14. Maintains strictest confidentiality, adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations.
15. Responsible for password protecting all documents sent outside the limits of the company.
16. Work as a team with management, as well as all Millin Associates, LLC. employees.
17. Performs other related duties as assigned.
– Oral Communication Skills
– Written Communication Skills
– Telephone Etiquette
– Technical Communication
– Customer Relations
– Math Aptitude
– Reading Skills
– Time Management
– Computer Literacy
– Detail Oriented
Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree preferred but not required, experience will be considered as well. Two to four years related experience is helpful (medical billing, accounting, etc.). Training is provided but strong technical aptitude is required (ability to use various software applications and web-based tools for submissions, research, etc.) Familiarity with billing and coding terminology (CPT, HCPCS, ICD9/ICD 10 etc.).
Electronic mail software — Microsoft Outlook
Spreadsheet software — Microsoft Excel
Word processing software — Microsoft Word